WHERE TO USE
• Waterproofing corners between adjacent walls and between walls and floors before treating with Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart, Mapelastic Turbo or Mapelastic AquaDefense.
• Flexible waterproofing of expansion joints on terraces and balconies, etc. before treating with Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart, Mapelastic Turbo or Mapelastic AquaDefense.
• Sealing pipes and drains in bathrooms, showers and kitchens in conjunction with Mapeband gaskets.
• Sealing expansion joints in precast panels.
Mapeband is a vapour and water-resistant rubber tape with fabric edging which is resistant to alkali. Mapeband is elastic and deformable even at low temperatures with excellent resistance to adverse weather conditions. Mapeband is resistant to alkalis, acids and salt solutions (for special cases, test before using). Mapeband is also available in ready-made internal and external corner sections along with Mapeband gaskets for pipes in bathrooms, kitchens, showers, etc.
• For perfect sealing on corners use Mapeband 90° and 270° special corner pieces.
• For perfect sealing on pipes use Mapeband gaskets.
• In correspondence with T or cross joints, use the special Mapeband T or Mapeband Cross profiles.
• Use Adesilex LP or Adesilex PVC HP, rather than a waterproofing product, for the joints between pieces of Mapeband.
Apply a thin layer of Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart, Mapelastic Turbo or Mapelastic AquaDefense, at least 1 mm thick, to the sides of the corners and expansion joints to be waterproofed with Mapeband. Apply the fabric side of the Mapeband tape or special pieces over the fresh layer of Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart, Mapelastic Turbo or Mapelastic AquaDefense, using a smooth trowel. It is essential that Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart, Mapelastic Turbo or Mapelastic AquaDefense wet both sides of the Mapeband, also the rubber tape, for a width of several mm. For movement joints (i.e. in terraces) Mapeband must be positioned in the shape of an omega Ω
Mapeband can then be subjected to tension. Joints between Mapeband strips must be sealed with Adesilex LP or Adesilex PVC HP.
• 50 m rolls of 120 mm total width.
• 10 m rolls of 120 mm total width.
• 90° and 270° angles.
• Gaskets for 120x120 mm and 400x400 mm pipes.
• 515x315 mm special T profiles.
• 515x515 mm special cross profiles.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
Mapeband is an article and referring to the current European regulations (Reg. 1906/2007/CE - REACH) does not require the preparation of the material safety data sheet. During its use it is recommended to wear gloves and goggles and follow the safety requirements of the workplace.
PRODUCT FOR PROFESSIONAL USE. WARNING
Although the technical details and recommendations contained in this product data sheet correspond to the best of our knowledge and experience, all the above information must, in every case, be taken as merely indicative and subject to confirmation after long-term practical application; for this reason, anyone who intends to use the product must ensure beforehand that it is suitable for the envisaged application. In every case, the user alone is fully responsible for any consequences deriving from the use of the product.