A one part moisture cure adhesion promoter primer used on concrete rubber, urethane, wood fiberglass, PVC, and cured epoxy.
Priming concrete, wood, rubber, fiberglass, PVC and urethane.
One-part,moisture cure primer, which dries in 30 minutes
AS the humidity rises the primer will take longer to cure
Typical Physical Properties:
Technical data should be considered representative or typical only and should not be used for specification purposes.
Cured 7 days @ 75° F
Concrete 1 coat: > 50 pli
Coverage/4oz. 10 sq. ft. @ 5 mils
Cure Time 30-120 min.
Cured Flexane 1 coat: > 50 pli
Fiberglass 1 coat: >50 pli
Percent Solids by Volume 3.7%
Polyester 1 coat: >25 pli
Rubber 1 coat: > 50 pli
For METAL SURFACES, thoroughly clean area to be repaired, rebuilt, or lined with Devcon® Cleaner Blend 300. Remove any oil, grease, or dirt. Roughen surface by grinding with a coarse wheel or an abrasive disc pad. To prime this surface, apply a coat of Devcon FL-10 Primer and allow to dry tack-free for 15 minutes. If the metal surface requires maximum tear resistance or is exposed to moisture, or if submerged in water, use Devcon® FL-10 and Devcon® FL-20 Primer.
For RUBBER SURFACES, thoroughly clean area with an abrasive pad and Devcon® Cleaner Blend 300. Surface can also be roughened with a grinding wheel so that it is coarse and free from oil and dirt that may clog the "pores" of the rubber. Wipe or roughen surface with Cleaner Blend 300 until the cloth no longer picks up the color of the rubber. The rubber should appear new or deeper in color. To prime this surface, apply a coat of Devcon® FL-20 Primer and allow to dry tackfree for 15-20 minutes. Use Devcon®FL-40 Primer on "hard-to-bond" rubber surfaces as this gives ultimate peel resistance. Multiple coats may be necessary for porous rubber surfaces.
For MAXIMUM ADHESION, sandblast the surface with an angular abrasive until a minimum depth profile of 2-3 mils is met. Blast to near-white finish specification SSPC-SP5 (Steel Structure Painting Council). Prime surface immediately after sandblasting to prevent oxidation.
Mixing is not applicable to this product. These products are surface conditioners and primers that allow Flexane® adhere to metals, rubber and plastics. Follow instructions on the can for maximum adhesion to the surface.
- Concrete: Being a very porous surface, concrete needs to be have mulitple cleaning. Degrease the area with Cleaner Blend 300 and rinse multiple times. Let the floor dry thoroughly before applying FL-20. Apply two coats to the concrete for proper adhesion.
- Rubber: Apply FL-20 to gum rubber, neopreme or cured poly-urethane. One coat is sufficient.
- Dry Time: Minimum of 30 minutes before topcoating with Flexane and a maximum of 2 hours. If exceeded, solvent wipe and re-apply.
- Wood,Fiberglass: One coat on all hardwoods (maple,oak) is sufficeint with 2 coats on all softwoods (pine). Fiberglass needs only one coat.
- Plastics: Two coats of FL-20 primer will increase adhesion.
Storage: Store at room temperature, 70 °F.
|1 ~ 9||-|